Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Perlick Lo-Boy Sankey Tap Coupler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
lhovden
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Perlick Lo-Boy Sankey Tap Coupler

Hi,

First time to the forums.

This may be a stupid question, but I'm not sure of the answer. All of my homebrew kegging has obviously been with corny kegs. I ordered a keg of Summit from our local grocery store. I didn't think at all that it would use a sankey tap rather than ball lock. I got a tapper with it that just screwed on with no handle to push down and lock it and it didn't work, just foamed in between keg and tapper, so I had to go back and get a different one.

Meanwhile I also ordered one off amazon that I could hook up to my kegerator. I ordered the Perlick Lo-Boy since this is going in a dorm fridge with low height. Because the Lo-Boy is low profile it just screws in and does not have a handle to lock it down. Will this work or will I have the same problem of it not sealing right?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
zachattack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 249 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 140

I don't think a reputable company like Perlick would sell a coupler that leaks by design. Any coupler should seal right if it's in good condition. Unless it's defective, you'll be fine. The handle doesn't "lock it down," it pushes the spear down to depress the ball and "open" (tap) the keg. If the coupler you got with the keg leaked, it was probably because one of the gaskets was worn or you didn't have it twisted down all the way.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply