Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > pasturizing home brew?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
KuntzBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts

Default pasturizing home brew?

Does anyone pasturize their beer once carbonation has siezed? I thought about it just to kill the remaining yeast and allow for elongating storage by a few weeks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 490 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I have several beers that bottled or kegged last over a year, some bottles 3-5 years saving several bottles from different types of beer for my 50th maybe it will help dealing with that....lol......As long as the beer is kept out of the sun and heat should last quite awhile higher gravity beers and hoppier beers will keep longer though the hops tend to fade over time. You said you are looking for a few weeks not a problem with a living homebrew..........my...02

Old 08-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I bottle a few every time I fill a keg. I have been drinking some bottles from a couple years ago. I usually only drink the bottled beer on camping trips or road trips, but I thought some were getting too old and I should drink them. Darn fine beers with a thick creamy head. The fun thing is that I don't know what is in the bottle. They are only labeled with the bottling date. I have some Apfelwein from 2007.

They don't go bad, so you shouldn't need to pasturize. That is why the ancient armys traveled with beer. The sailors had their beer and grog. It helps ugly people get laid and helps white people dance and sing kereoke.

Any advise offered after 10:00p.m. should be regarded as questionable
I can't brew until something is empty

Quick Reply