Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > partial bottle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
nittanybevo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default partial bottle

Back on NYE, I made the King's Nutz Maple nut brown. After a month in primary, I'm ready for it to move on. I'm planning on bottling a 12 pack to age. So far, I've only kegged. I have an idea how to bottle, but I have no idea how much priming sugar I should use. I've kegged in the past because I was concerned about bottle bombs. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Hopper5000
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Well you can fill bottles from your keg so you can carb it to the level you like and then bottle from there. You do need special equipment for that like a counter pressure bottle filler or a blichman beer gun. I have a CPBF that I like using. If you are set on bottle briming there are plenty of calculators out there that will tell you how much sugar to use. There's ones on tastybrew.com and/or brewersfriend.com that I like to use. For a 12 pack it's going to be a small amount of sugar, probably less than a ounce.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3201 Times on 3105 Posts
Likes Given: 18

You could bottle from the keg. You'll lose a small amount of carbonation during the process, so you might want to account for that. There are a few tutorials around here.

Or you could choose your desired carbonation level and the volume of beer you'll be bottling, and input it here-

http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
nittanybevo
Recipes 

I've tried to bottle from the keg...everything turns out flat. I found the directions and built the counter pressure gun, but it usually just makes a mess and my bottles are flat. I'm probably not doing something right, but since I don't bottle a lot, I didn't want to invest in the better equipment.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
tonyscha
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Since its only 12, you could just add sugar to each bottle (similar to what people do for Mr. Beer). Mr. Beer recommends 3/4 teaspoon per 12 oz bottle.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
Hopper5000
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Yeah sounds like you are not using the filler correctly. I have never really noticed a decrease in the carbonation level and I doubt that it's anymore than a 10th of a volume of Co2 which IMHO isn't a big deal.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
cpesko
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 21

You may want to check out this thread.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-n...eer-gun-24678/

Quick Reply