Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Oster 5.0 CF noise issues

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Slipgate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Oster 5.0 CF noise issues

I just got this and plugged it in while I await the kegerator conversion kit. I noticed that while running it is pretty noisy. You can clearly hear the refrigerant running through the lines. Does anyone have this model and could you confirm or deny if you have heard this? I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. The noise is not a deal killer and this is in the basement so it is not an issue unless it is a sign of trouble.

I had no such issues with my Kenmore 4.5cf.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Aleforge
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipgate View Post
I just got this and plugged it in while I await the kegerator conversion kit. I noticed that while running it is pretty noisy. You can clearly hear the refrigerant running through the lines. Does anyone have this model and could you confirm or deny if you have heard this? I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. The noise is not a deal killer and this is in the basement so it is not an issue unless it is a sign of trouble.

I had no such issues with my Kenmore 4.5cf.

Sometimes mine makes noise. Its not all the time though. Although I have a whirlpool.
PRIMARY - Orange Blossom Mead

"A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Old 07-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
slerm
Recipes 

I have the Oster and have noticed that as well......It seems to be keeping things cold though.....not sure what the temp is but I ordered a lacrosse temp thing to keep tab.....will keep you posted~

Quick Reply