Come enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Ordered the last bits for the Kegerator!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
FxdGrMind
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ordered the last bits for the Kegerator!

Ok so I ordered the Keg and CO2 in Dec... but it was backordered due to the regulator.
So next I got another keg and distribution valve on order... alas it's delayed delivery due to flooding here in the PNW.
So next I got a Sanyo from Best Buy! un-advertized sale (173.99) yesterday. Finally something goes right.
Today, placed an order for a twin tap tower and keg lube. Should be here by the end of next week.
Next w/e.. might I just be tapping Home Brew!!!
My first batch from last year spent 6 days in primary and now will have been 2 weeks in secondary.. time for some cold conditioning and addition of some fizz... =) Then into the glass it goes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hope everything goes well! Be prepared to buy more kegs (and O Rings)! Started with 3 now have 8 in only a couple months

Post your results in the http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show...show+kegerator thread!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
FxdGrMind
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok, drilled the hole for the Tower 2 1/4 inch. Should be here next week.
Now I need to get Copper tube and insulation to keep the lines from the keg to the tap cold.
should I get hard or soft copper tubing?

I have read that people use 8-10 feet of tubing in the beer line. if this is to keep the line beer coold or is this for some other reason?

Ahh the joys of building a kegerator...

Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Soft copper should work fine. The reason for the 8-10ft line is actually line balancing. With out the restriction from the longer line, you'll get some major head. If you do a search on line balancing, or beer line calculator, you'll find lots of post on the subjects

Old 01-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
FxdGrMind
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ok talked to the place where I ordered the Regulator and tank... BO until the 16th... Checked arround localy and then online again... Then Canceled the order and re-ordered from somewhere else.
Looks like no Home Brew on tap this w/e... =(

On the bright side, I ended up getting a twin regulator, something I should have ordered from the start, so I guess it's a blessing in disguise.

The first keg showed up last night though and with 2 more now on order (Double keg system is the new ordered stuff) That makes 3 and I don't even have the Kegerator done yet... Hmm You guys were right... Kegs do accumulate quickly.

One good note, the Wort Chiller will be here Tomorrow. So at least now I can get another batch in the pipeline this w/e while I'm waiting for my orders to arrive.... Heck I've got to have something to fill the kegs with... Can't have them empty just sitting arround and all that!

Cheers

Reason: Addition and edit spelling

Quick Reply