Ode to the last pint.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett

Reaction score
Why oh why is the end of the keg so good?
Should I deny what this beer could?

Here I am looking at a perfectly clear,
beautiful glass of homebrew beer.
It's awesomely tasty,
clean, crisp, and not made hastily.

Yet it's not too long before the keg runs out,
With very little doubt,

This is one of the last pints. :(

The first taste of this beer was blah.
But at the end, every sip is one of AWE
:drunk:

I don't have the will power to leave a keg in the kegerator for 3 months before I tap.
I always fall into this trap.
I dream about it as I nap.
I can't restrain myself from a night cap.

Why do I do this over and over?

I love the end of a keg.
If it wasn't my own, I might just beg.

It's a time where I truly enjoy and marvel at my creation.
It's the ultimate in temptation.

I rarely share the last glass.
I think about this brew in the past.
I know no matter how many times I brew, this one is unique.
It falls under my most discerning critique.

The last pint.

It's so much more sad blowing a keg than it is drinking the last bottle. I mean, you definitely *know* it's the last bottle. It's a bit of a surprise when the keg's gone. :(

(Happened to me for the first time last week.)

That is why going up to 10 gallon batches are so great. You start the first keg a little young due to impatience, and then the beer is great by the end. You feel sad for a minute about your great beer that just finished, but then you remember, I have another keg that will by great to start.

Hmmm... maybe I'll brew both 5 gallon batches of that IPA recipe I just ordered from you then... You're giving me evil-genius ideas. :)

Hmmm... maybe I'll brew both 5 gallon batches of that IPA recipe I just ordered from you then... You're giving me evil-genius ideas. :)

I just made the jump to 10 gallons not too long ago. I love having that extra keg around. I can not imagine going back to normal 5 gallon brews. Maybe for something I will not drink a ton of like a barleywine, but most everythign will be a 10 gallon batch from now on.

Latest posts

Back