Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Not carbonation my beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2007, 03:17 AM   #1
andypantz13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Not carbonating my beer

First off, hiya everybody, first time posting, but this site has been a huge help to me since I found it.

So, I have a friend who doesn't handle carbonated beverages very well, he can only manage a sip or two of beer. He however, would very much like to try some of my homebrews, so I got to thinking. When it comes to bottling time, would it be okay to just take a few bottles and fill them before adding my priming sugar. Or taking taking some a putting them in the fridge right after they are bottled so the yeast doesn't have a chance to reactivate? Will this do anything other than make for a lack of carbonation in the beer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck

Last edited by andypantz13; 01-28-2007 at 01:44 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
D*Bo
Recipes 

I don't see why you couldn't bottle before adding the priming sugar.
The only issue I could see would be with long term storage causing oxidation. O2 absorbing caps may help for this application.
Unless you disturbed the floculated yeast while transfering to your botteling bucket there really shouldn't be much yeast to drop out since there hasn't been additional sugar added.

Drinking Oatmeal Chocolate Stout, Oaked Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Dry Mead)
Up NextScottish ale and Dopple Bock

Always ready for the wack snack attack, I carry sandwiches around in a straight edge style JanSports backpack.

Support your local businesses

Old 01-28-2007, 04:15 AM   #3
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If your friend is so interested in your brew, tell him he has to become your BrewMonkey. He's got to be there on Wort Day (he can taste some after cleaning the equipment), he has to come over when you rack (he can tast a bit more while washing the autosiphon) and he can come by and wash bottles for you on bottle day (yet again, more samples). Everybody wins!!!

Quick Reply