New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > No Stinking Beergun + CO2 Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #1
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default No Stinking Beergun + CO2 Gun

I've been using the bowie bottle filler for about a year now, and i love it.. even though i've never really had a bad bottle fill (bottles filled like 6 months ago still are drinking nicely) i really like how the blichmann beer gun lets you purge the bottle with co2 before you even bottle, making the "cap on foam" not as important.. some of the lower carbed beers (and apfelwein) i have to basically fill up to the tippy top to get it cap on correctly..

so ad a DIYer i decided to make my own CO2 gun to go along with by bowie bottle filler.. i put a tee in one of my 2 gas lines (the one i don't use as much or have lower carbed drinks on) and put a long air hose along with a blow gun on the end.. the gun has an extension so i can put it right down into the bottle and purge then switch right over to the bottle filler..

i haven't tried it yet though i'm looking forward to filling some apfelwein for some wedding shower favors next weekend.. i've posted some pics below

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. Apfelwein, The Fox Says... Yum, Shot in the Dark
Keg 1: The Fox Says... Yum | Keg 2: Shot in the Dark | Keg 3: Second Breakfast Oatmeal Stout Clone
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 24

i used this for the first time today purging the oxygen in a growler we opened today.. seems like it should work well!

~ A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries.. Apfelwein, The Fox Says... Yum, Shot in the Dark
Keg 1: The Fox Says... Yum | Keg 2: Shot in the Dark | Keg 3: Second Breakfast Oatmeal Stout Clone
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply