New to kegging... Unsure whats needed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnaBonger

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to purchase a used single tap kegerator on craigslist and am unsure of what I'm going to need to go with it... The keg connection in the kegerator is a single type connector that goes on the commercial 1/2, 1/4 barrel type kegs... I'm guessing I'll need to get some sort of converter for the dual connection type corny kegs or is it possible to locate corny kegs with the single connector?

I know what I'm trying to ask, but dont think the question is coming out all that well... Doh...

Any help/guidance is appreciated :)

Based on your description, I gather that your kegerator will come with the necessary equipment for a Sankey setup, such as pictured here below:

Fridge%20Single%20Tap%20with%20TrayNODRIP.jpg

And since you are planning to hook up corny kegs, you'll want to swap out the Sankey coupler with corny disconnects. Comparing the first picture with the picture below, you can see how simple the change is... You will likely have to cut the lines to attach the new disconnects, but it's pretty straightforward. You'll basically just need a gas disconnect, a liquid disconnect, and a couple of clamps to make the change.

1%20Keg%20Fridge%20Kit%20Homebrew5000NODRIP.jpg

Although I have not personally dealt with www.kegconnection.com, I have heard lots of good things, and they have all of the parts you'll need (plus they unknowingly supplied the graphics for my post, so they'd probably appreciate the business). Most LHBS and online retailers have these parts as well. Hope that helps! Good luck!

If you want to be able to easily change from Sanke to Corny and back, just get one of these kits. Or if you only want to use Corny kegs and don't need to be able to easily hook back up to Sankes, get this one.

Note: that first one is specifically for ball lock (Pepsi) Corny kegs, not pin lock (Coke) kegs.

Latest posts

Back