Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > New to kegging... Unsure whats needed...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
UnaBonger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default New to kegging... Unsure whats needed...

I'm getting ready to purchase a used single tap kegerator on craigslist and am unsure of what I'm going to need to go with it... The keg connection in the kegerator is a single type connector that goes on the commercial 1/2, 1/4 barrel type kegs... I'm guessing I'll need to get some sort of converter for the dual connection type corny kegs or is it possible to locate corny kegs with the single connector?

I know what I'm trying to ask, but dont think the question is coming out all that well... Doh...

Any help/guidance is appreciated

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
frolickingmonkey
Recipes 

Based on your description, I gather that your kegerator will come with the necessary equipment for a Sankey setup, such as pictured here below:

And since you are planning to hook up corny kegs, you'll want to swap out the Sankey coupler with corny disconnects. Comparing the first picture with the picture below, you can see how simple the change is... You will likely have to cut the lines to attach the new disconnects, but it's pretty straightforward. You'll basically just need a gas disconnect, a liquid disconnect, and a couple of clamps to make the change.

Although I have not personally dealt with www.kegconnection.com, I have heard lots of good things, and they have all of the parts you'll need (plus they unknowingly supplied the graphics for my post, so they'd probably appreciate the business). Most LHBS and online retailers have these parts as well. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Primary: Delicious Beer
Secondary: Delicious Beer, Delicious Cider
Kegeratin': Delicious Draft Beer
Bottled: Delicious Bottled Beer and Cider

Old 06-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
Rick500
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you want to be able to easily change from Sanke to Corny and back, just get one of these kits. Or if you only want to use Corny kegs and don't need to be able to easily hook back up to Sankes, get this one.

Note: that first one is specifically for ball lock (Pepsi) Corny kegs, not pin lock (Coke) kegs.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
UnaBonger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Thank you so much for the answers. That really clears things up

Quick Reply