Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > New Jockey Box

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
lustreking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default New Jockey Box

A while ago I built a jockey box with an 80ft coil of 1/4" stainless tubing. It worked fine, but could only serve one beer at a time, and I really had to crank the serving pressure up, which could result in over carbing if I left it for a day. I saw a good deal on a plate chiller on ebay and bought that. Last weekend we had a big family reunion, and I decided I wanted to bring beer. So I brewed 3 different beers and started ordering all the parts I needed. I upgraded my kegerator faucets to forward sealing perlicks, and moved the old ones to the jockey box.

Behold: Triple jockey box!

The heart of the beast.

It's a six pass cold plate, that I'm curently only using 3 passes. You can see that I have some short jumper hoses that, if it doesn't get cold enough through a single pass, I can run each beer through two passes.

It worked great! The kegs were cold to begin with, but were not refrigerated for the 8 hours or so we were at the reunion. The beer was served nice and cold, and I didn't need to use the jumpers.

I got a good pour running this around 17-18psi, while my coil jockey box I had to run at over 30psi

-S

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply