The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > new freezer....temp control question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
elpresidente
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default new freezer....temp control question

I just bought a 6.8cu ft Holiday chest freezer today off of craigslist for $75, only one year old. I figured it was a pretty good score so I went for it....it still looks brand new!!! I plugged it in and it gets pretty cold so I assume its straight. Guy said he was in the navy and relocating to japan and having to get rid of all but the necessities. My question is does anyone have any recommendations for temperature controls? I am not good with electricity but a couple of my buddies are so there is no problem getting it wired up, but I would like something pretty easy to control and is not too complicated. I don't plan on building a collar just yet....I am going the cheap route with picnic taps for the moment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You can't get more easy than a Johnson Analog controller. Just plug your freezer into the other end of this plug and dial in your temp. You'll be good to go. I have one on my 20 cu. ft. chest freezer where I store and carb my beers.

Northern Brewer has it for $52.99 which is the best price I've seen so far.

Search Results

Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
BrewBrain
Aleforger
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
You can't get more easy than a Johnson Analog controller. Just plug your freezer into the other end of this plug and dial in your temp. You'll be good to go. I have one on my 20 cu. ft. chest freezer where I store and carb my beers.

Holy crap! You have a 20ft storage/carbing freezer? Can you talk to my wife for me?

I thought I was done after a keezer and a fermenting freezer. Now I NEED a third freezer

You only get so many calories in life. Enjoy every single one.

QUICKSILVER HOME BREWERY

Old 09-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
elpresidente
Recipes 

sweet.....thanks Ed, sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Once I get that I'll be in business!!!!

Quick Reply