Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Need inside dimensions for a 4912

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
mr x
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Check out this link:

http://famillelagace.servepics.com/kegerator

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 AM   #13
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It's tight, but I think it's do-able. The area around the temp controller is gonna be tricky, but I'm getting it tomorrow if I can get 8" kegs. I think that's what this guy is using, I can't see 9's fitting in there like that, and I'm pretty sure it's the same fridge.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #14
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr x
It's tight, but I think it's do-able. The area around the temp controller is gonna be tricky, but I'm getting it tomorrow if I can get 8" kegs. I think that's what this guy is using, I can't see 9's fitting in there like like, and I'm pretty sure it's the same fridge.
As you can see I left the door and shelves in. Some brewers remove it. 8" cornies...like this:
my-kegerator-00.jpg  

Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #15
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Won't be able to do that with the Sylvania.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:25 AM   #16
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr x
It's tight, but I think it's do-able. The area around the temp controller is gonna be tricky, but I'm getting it tomorrow if I can get 8" kegs. I think that's what this guy is using, I can't see 9's fitting in there like like, and I'm pretty sure it's the same fridge.
The interior certainly looks identical to what is on the canadian tire site. Too bad the guy didn't post the model #, that would certainly make it easy.

Those temp controllers sometimes have a housing over them that can be removed to make some extra room. I think the main problem I would have is that I won't be able to afford a tower setup immediately so I'd have a whole bunch of beer line with cobra faucets to squeeze inside too.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Old 06-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #17
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I bought the fridge and picked up one keg. It's going to be pretty much like in the pics. If I work at it, I think I can get two in side by side without tearing the door insert off. Just trim down the rubber at the top and bottom of the kegs and probably trim off the shelf bracing on one side. The only problem then is clearing the temp controller. I think if I removed one side of the rubber carrying handle it would go. I'll be working at it over a couple of weeks and let you know.

Old 06-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #18
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Awesome, can't wait to hear about it. I'm sure Crappy will have it on sale again in a month or two, they put that one up all the time.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:45 AM   #19
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well, I've been picking away at this, and it looks promising. I decided to try and remove the temp controller from the side and move it out of the way. I frigged with it until I gave up and used a small hole saw to open up the front face and look inside. Of course, it was then quite obvious that there was a screw holding it to the side wall. The screw was hidden behind what looked to me to be a temp dial marker (it's a blue comma shaped plug). I just picked it off with my finger and pulled out the screw. Anyway, no damage done, there is a lot of empty space in there. Now the entire unit slides forward on a slot and post (post is under the light at the back), and comes off very easy.

Now I can get it up out of the way and clear the keg. It may still be tight with the ball lock connectors on, which I don't have yet, but I think that it will all fit underneath. I can RTV the controller to the top of the fridge, and that should be that. If necessary, I can probably tear off some of the plastic housing around the controller, but I am going to try and keep this as neat looking as possible.

Now to fit two kegs side by side, I think I have two options. Tear out the door panel, or cut down the shelf guides on one side of the fridge. I think I will try to cut down the side(s), and leave the door panel on, it may be useful. I am working on another keg (which are difficult to source in NS...grrrrr), and once I have that, I will start measuring and ripping and let you know how things are going for those of you interested in using this type of fridge.

I can't post pics, so you'll have to go on imagination for now.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #20
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Great to hear Mr X! Gives me hope that I'll have my kegerator the next time it goes on sale at Crappy. I have a couple ball lock kegs if you need some specific measurements (the height with QD's connected for example), PM me if I can help at all.

Quick Reply