The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Need help getting my CO2 lines set up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
Frogmanx82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Need help getting my CO2 lines set up

I got my 2 product regulator but it didn't come with any airline so off to the LHBS. Very dissappointed, they don't have the hardware to attach the airline to the regulator. How could this be? Looking on line I still don't see what I'm looking for. I would just like a few feet of air line with a flare connection for the ball lock and I'll crimp the other end onto the regulator. I suppose I could crimp the hose on to the flare connection but I'm not seeing these parts show up when poking around sites like kegworks.com. Am I missing something? It can't be that complicated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3196 Times on 3101 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Most regulators have a barb for the gas line, so you stick the line on the barb, put a hose clamp of some sort on it, and tighten. For the MFL style QD's, you use a flare swivel fitting like this-

where the hose is once again clamped on to the barb, and then the MFL threads on to the QD. Pretty much any homebrew store, online or otherwise, should have the swivel fittings with a variety of barb sizes.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply