New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Need Help Before Kegging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
DoubleD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need Help Before Kegging

I am about to keg two different beers and have two kegs sanitized. They both hold pressure. However, the liquid disconnect does not snap onto the liquid post on one of the kegs. It sits on the keg. I checked and do not have the gas and liquid posts and disconnects confused. I also have four kegs and the disconnect works on three of the four kegs. The popett also does not come out of both posts on this particular keg. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
kentmich
Recipes 

Since your disconnect works on three other kegs, it sounds like you have a bad fitting on the keg itself. You can get replacements online - I know morebeer.com has them for $12.95.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
LLBeanJ
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 161 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Sometimes if the poppet is not seated right inside the post it will not allow the disconnect to depress it completely, which will prevent the disconnect from seating all the way. I'd remove the post and separate the poppet from the post and then re-assemble. You say the poppets don't come out of the posts on this keg, but they should. Might take some persuasion, but they will come out. When I get a stuck poppet, a good firm press on the top of the poppet with a smallish phillips screwdriver with the post sitting on a hard surface always does the trick.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
JuanMoore
SACD
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3180 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 18

My bet is that the poppet is either the wrong type for the post, or it's a "universal" poppet that hasn't been trimmed to the correct length for the post.

All poppets come out. Try prying the feet of the poppet in from the underside of the post to remove it. A small pick or small screwdriver works well. Once it's off you can compare it to the poppet type that's supposed to fit your keg.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 03-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #5
DoubleD
Recipes 

Thanks for the help everyone, it was the poppet. I have one of the kegs with the stubborn poppets that have arms that need to be pried out. It took me almost two hours to figure it out but i eventually got it.

Quick Reply