Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > My Kegerator Conversion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Warped04
I am Wally
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default My Kegerator Conversion

A couple of years back, I went to an auction of a company that had gone belly up. Apparently no one at the auction had the vision of Kegerator that I had at the time. I acquired the fridge for $50. The fridge still works, and now I’m finally ready for the conversion.

First I of course removed all of the shelves to see if my Hoff-Stevens keg would fit. The door just needed 2 inches more of clearance.

All of the shelves are in recessed holes in the sidewalls of the fridge. In the middle of the fridge there was a spot for two options for the middle shelf. I flipped one shelf upside down and then I was able to coax the two shelves together.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Warped04
I am Wally

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

At first I plan on leaving the CO2 tank inside the fridge until I get a hole drilled for the lines, so I’m not terribly concerned with the CO2 tank not fitting on the bottom shelf. I will be building a shelf in the fridge at some point, but my goal is to get this Kegerator up and running.

Once I removed the plastic from the door the seal came with it and now the Hoff-Stevens keg will fit with ease.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Warped04
I am Wally

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

There is a gap, but I plan on reattaching the seal without the plastic. I’m headed to the hardware store today to hopefully pick up a thin strip of aluminum to hold the seal.

I got 1 primary and a 4 regulator secondary regulator from Micromatic. The classic series was actually cheaper than the economy version. I don’t know why.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Warped04
I am Wally

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Now this is where it gets weird. I’m thinking about drilling the lines through one of the recessed shelves. There is a shelf on the bottom of the fridge (who needs a shelf on the bottom of the fridge), so I’ll probably go through there. But I’m going to do the Vodka Cornstarch trick (thanks EvilTOJ) to make sure, but I don’t know if there are any in the sides.

On the back of the fridge there is a metal panel. There is a drain behind it.

Once I removed the panel, I find components.

I’m wondering if they still need coils around the outside of the fridge. It is weird, but who knows. I'll keep this thread updated as I progress.

Quick Reply