Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > My Experience With The Coors Lite Home Draft (Video)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 08:36 AM   #221
zepolmot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well, if you're going for a certain level of carbonation for a particular style you could over prime. But I get where you're coming from as far as exceeding the bottle's pressure capacity

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #222
Dahoov
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I built a Home Draft Mini Kegerator. Details are in the DIY section and here is the link.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/home...erator-231800/

Old 04-25-2011, 05:35 AM   #223
Brdetty
Recipes 

To the guys who want try paint ball stuff, you need to use a regulator of some kind. The taps don't have one built in if there was I wouldn't trust it with hundreds of psi all the time. Those 16g cartridges are so small that once they are used they drop pressure alot.
B

Old 07-16-2011, 04:15 AM   #224
BesteBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Was thinking bout giving this a try. How many uses are people getting out of these before they stop working?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #225
rengelma
Recipes 

I'm giving up on this effort since I had one of these completely empty itself with in a week of filling any trying to carb it up with priming sugar. none of my bottles were over carbed or blew up, so I must have over filled it. Another one had the tap handle break off about 3/4 the way through a keg of cider. I'm going to use jugs for small batch fermenters.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #226
jdubb75
Recipes 

I've read so much about this recently that I can't remember if this has already been posted, so forgive me it it has been.

Apparently Leland Gas (lelandgas.com) claims to distribute the oem 15.5 gram carts for this setup. They make no mention of it on their website, but can be found on eBay if searching for "home draft."

They sell them in 50 & 100 count lots on eBay. I have not bought any to compare with the Leland Gas "Tap Gas" carts that a lot of HBS sell alongside the TAD systems. I just ran across this a couple days ago and wanted to pass it along.

Old 06-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #227
themadvaper
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Forgive me for reviving an old thread, but I have been saving these things up for a while. ( coors lite) now I bought the 16 gram co2 cylinders on eBay . They appear to be the same length ,almost the same width. The neck is slightly narrower, and has a slight taper on them. They are Leland 16 g. #42104 but when I screw them on all of the gas seems to escape pass the o ring. Has anyone else experienced this issue? It's really tickin me off to hear how many people are enjoying their coors lite homebrewing taps and I can't get one to work to save my life.

Quick Reply