Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > My bigger bottle have little carbonation. Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
thatsus02
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default My bigger bottle have little carbonation. Why?

I prime my beer in the carboy with the reccommended amount of corn sugar. the 12 oz bottles carbonate fine with great head. the bigger bottles seem to be flat, even though the beer tastes like beer. Why is this? Should I add a little extra to each big bottle or am I just Crazy?

"Because Homebrew Starts At Home"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #2
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Big bottles should take slightly less primer due to less head space for the volume (just like when priming a keg.) You may have just not got the priming solution mixed in well enough.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
demonrichie
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i think the bigger bottles take a bit longer to carb fully due to more fluid. give them a bit more time if they dont carb give a touch more sugar to carb.

makng a site about homebrewing for fun you can check it out a hbhda.weebly.com . im still working on it and any tips are appreciated

Quick Reply