Mushroom Beer Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldchill

Reaction score
A friend of mine happened upon this bad boy at the World's Longest Yard Sale and picked it up for me for $25 bucks. It is cleaning up very nicely and I think most of the imperfections are going to come out. No dents or dings, just old chrome.

I'm trying to decide what to do with it....clearly my sanyo homebrew kegerator won't feed this monster so what are your ideas? A keezer seems to be the logical answer but I thought I would see what brilliant ideas you guys would have.

P1090091.JPG

That thing screams to be mounted in a prominent place in your kitchen with a full-blown glycol system hooked to a basement keezer :rockin:

Cheers! :D

[edit] Ditch the old faucets and upgrade that ol' beauty with a full set of Perls...

It is cleaning up nicely, I'm settling into planning mode for a keezer build to replace my existing kegerator and wine cooler beer cellar.

P1090100.JPG

I just picked up a similar draft tower and was wondering what you used to clean it up. I'm not exactly sure what mine is made of but it looks very close to yours.

I just picked up a similar draft tower and was wondering what you used to clean it up. I'm not exactly sure what mine is made of but it looks very close to yours.

I just used Turtle Wax chrome cleaner that I picked up at Autozone. Just followed the instructions and added a little elbow grease and it cleaned right up.

Slowly but surely making progress. Got the freezer. Got shanks and faucets. Got my dad working on the maple top. I still need to get either a CO2 distributor or add a 2nd regulator to the one I have.

P1020548.JPG

Getting a little bit closer...

IMG_20140705_130542978.jpg

Dry fitting the pieces. The top is 1" finished thickness edge glued maple sitting out a 2-1/2" pine collar that will be faced with 1/4" maple plywood. The drip tray will be recessed in once I get everything positioned. Then assemble, finish, insulate and plumb.

This is Kenmore 8.8. Since I am removing the lid entirely, can I just unplug the cord to the lid lamp and high temp alarm?

Latest posts

Back