The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Multiple taps with one regulator??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
MoRoToRiUm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would imagine you would have to back it down for serving- You can still pressure carb by disconnecting/shutting off your serving CO2 line, blasting the one you are carbing with about 30 PSI, disconnect/turn off and reset it back to serving pressure (carbing with CO2 can bed done in a few days by blasting with high CO2 for a few days, or about 12 PSI over an extended period; both work best when chilling the keg). Little more work but depends on how often you do it to make the $ difference justifiable.

Most serving PSI, depending on the setup and the beer, is 8 to maybe 16 PSI... typically 8-14 I'd say.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #12
natelatte
Recipes 

yeah. But do you bleed the excess pressure off before dialing it down?
Otherwise it would seem that it would dispense at the original psi until an equilibrium was reached

Primary:Edwort's Apfelwein X 2,
Secondary: German Altbier, Vanilla Cream Ale
Kegged and Waiting:Empty
On Tap: Oktoberfest, DunkelWeizen
Up Next: Hefe, Newcastle Clone

Old 11-06-2008, 02:03 AM   #13
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Why can't you? You won't be able to do a quicky 1-3 day force carb, but the set it and forget force carbing will work just fine. If you have a balanced system, your serving pressures and carbing pressures should be the same.
Your totally correct. I was thinking of a high pressure quick force carb, thats the only way I do it because of my setup. If you slowly carb it, 10psi for example you can easily do both but it will take a longer time.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
Brewer#19
Recipes 

i'm currently running 3 taps on 1 regulator with a 3 way air distributor with individual shut offs. i have not yet had all three taps flowing so i can't say how well it works full bore yet. really the biggest and pretty much only downfall is the inability to set each keg to indiviual serving pressures. you can force carb a keg with the others hooked up provided you have individual shut off valves, just isolate the desired keg and go.

Homebrewing cures working or at least washes it away.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #15
hopsalot
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I tee mine off, it works but I really want to get a manifold to regulate independently..

Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
missing link
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a manifold and if 1 beer is carbed and ready to go, I just shut off gas to that keg and crank the pressure up to 30 psi to force carb the new beer. If I need more gas in the already carbed keg, I just open the manifold valve for 5 seconds or so then close again. I do this until the new keg is carbed, then I open both valves and set to serving pressure again.

Linc

Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Quick Reply