Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Multiple taps with one regulator??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Reddog68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Multiple taps with one regulator??

Hello everyone, just wondering, how many taps can i run off of one regulator? I have a converted full size fridge, and i would like to run two or three taps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
coolbeerluke
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I saw someone run three beer lines off one regulator...you are just stuck with one pressure level, so if you wanted a higher carbonation level for one and a lower level for the other, it won't happen.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Yunus
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

multiple taps are not an issue. You just have to keep a few things in mind. Get one way valves for the plastic tubing going to each keg so you dont get back flow like I did and end up transferring beer from 1 keg to another by accident. And you just need to keep in mind that you can't force carb one while simultaneously serving another, 1 regulator means you choose 1 pressure for all kegs connected.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeerluke View Post
I saw someone run three beer lines off one regulator...you are just stuck with one pressure level, so if you wanted a higher carbonation level for one and a lower level for the other, it won't happen.
This is the only issue that I see you possibly running into. You may want to think about getting a dual body regulator so that you can at least have 2 different pressures to carb/serve.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4946 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 60

At a single pressure you can run as many as your fridge can hold. I have a 6 port manifold. I have seen as many as 20 hooked up to a single regulator by way of a manifold.

For what you want there are a couple ways to do it. A three port distribution bar manifold, a 3 port threaded stem (screws into regulator out), or a 4 way cross (one leg for gas in to the cross).

Personally, I like the distribution bars. They just look cleaner, IMO, and they really aren't very expensive if you shop around.

If at some point you decide you do want multiple pressures well, then you just get an in-line low pressure regulator and branch off of that.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
mnadamn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you have no problem running that many. just make sure you have an air disributor so u can run that many lines. Personally, I am wanting to use a couple secondary regulators so that I can have kegs at dif temps. I am slowly buying parts for that and right now am using this. many people run more then 4 kegs off of one reg, one thing i would make sure of though is that you have check valves whereever you can so that one little leak wont drop the pressure in all your kegs

Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 39 Posts

How important is serving at different pressures?

Is it that noticeable?

I have a dual regulator setup, but plan on keeping one at 30 psi most of the time. My sons have decided that making soda is cool, so I have to carb 2 liter bottles a lot.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
multiple taps are not an issue. You just have to keep a few things in mind. Get one way valves for the plastic tubing going to each keg so you dont get back flow like I did and end up transferring beer from 1 keg to another by accident. And you just need to keep in mind that you can't force carb one while simultaneously serving another, 1 regulator means you choose 1 pressure for all kegs connected.
Why can't you? You won't be able to do a quicky 1-3 day force carb, but the set it and forget force carbing will work just fine. If you have a balanced system, your serving pressures and carbing pressures should be the same.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
coolbeerluke
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
How important is serving at different pressures?

Is it that noticeable?

I have a dual regulator setup, but plan on keeping one at 30 psi most of the time. My sons have decided that making soda is cool, so I have to carb 2 liter bottles a lot.
some beers are better/worse at different carbonation levels. Mostly, its all personal preference, but it also amounts to the beers appearance and its feel. With multiple regulators, you can adjust each keg according to their/your needs. Basically, it gives you much more control over your overall experience.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
natelatte
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Why can't you? You won't be able to do a quicky 1-3 day force carb, but the set it and forget force carbing will work just fine. If you have a balanced system, your serving pressures and carbing pressures should be the same.
example. my hefeweizen, the recommended force carb psi at 38 degrees is 27psi. so am i serving at 27psi? or am i supposed to carb it, then back it down to a regular 12psi for serving?

Primary:Edwort's Apfelwein X 2,
Secondary: German Altbier, Vanilla Cream Ale
Kegged and Waiting:Empty
On Tap: Oktoberfest, DunkelWeizen
Up Next: Hefe, Newcastle Clone

Quick Reply