Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Multiple pressure equipment Q

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
nostalgia
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Multiple pressure equipment Q

Ok, I'm getting close. Just a few more details to work out.

I'd like to have two separate pressure legs, so I'm looking at dual regulators like this one from Micromatic, or this one from Williams Brewing.

Now I'm trying to decide where to go from there. I've got 4 kegs on their way, and especially for parties I may want to have more than 1 line off each regulator.

Do I need to have check valves on each leg off each regulator, like this from Brewer's Discount?

Would something like that replace the fitting that comes off the bottoms of the regulators, or do I want something different entirely?

Thanks!

-Joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
jar

Recipes 

That's how I have mine set up. Two regulator bodies, each with a Y with two shutoff/check valves on it. I use the shutoffs with flare fittings on them. They're so much more convenient than hose barbs. I don't know why everyone doesn't use them.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
nostalgia
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
I use the shutoffs with flare fittings on them. They're so much more convenient than hose barbs. I don't know why everyone doesn't use them.
I haven't seen them. Do you have a link?

Thanks,

-Joe

Old 08-04-2008, 03:04 AM   #4
jar

Recipes 

It's an option at your link. Pick MFL in the dropdown. Then you need barbed swivel nuts to put on your hoses. Like this: http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item5086.ctlg Then you can connect and disconnect stuff without futzing with hose clamps and barbs.

Quick Reply