Mobile bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been several companies that do this in the US and have for many years. I've seen both bottling lines and canning lines mobilized.

With the amount of nano and micro breweries that are starting up and looking to distribute beyond the premises, I can see several more companies springing up to offer this. For a guy that has a CDL and is owner/operator of a truck, this would make a good business.

Two different models I've seen work are one supplies just the labor and the brewery has to provide the bottles. The other one will supply the bottles/cans (you order through them). The supplier drop ships to your location, the packager shows up, does his thing, and goes to the next client.

I would love to irritate my neighbors by blocking the street with that truck. Unfortunately it would probably not take him that long to package my 5 gallon batch.

Does anyone know of any mobile beer bottlers up in Northern California? Specifically Sonoma County. There are plenty of mobile wine bottlers but I can't find any for beer.

Does anyone know of any mobile beer bottlers up in Northern California? Specifically Sonoma County. There are plenty of mobile wine bottlers but I can't find any for beer.
Give Jamil a call at Heretic Brewing. He uses a mobile bottling service that has 15 years experience. He'll put you in touch with him (forgot the guy's name).

With the amount of nano and micro breweries that are starting up and looking to distribute beyond the premises, I can see several more companies springing up to offer this. For a guy that has a CDL and is owner/operator of a truck, this would make a good business.

Two different models I've seen work are one supplies just the labor and the brewery has to provide the bottles. The other one will supply the bottles/cans (you order through them). The supplier drop ships to your location, the packager shows up, does his thing, and goes to the next client.

Any in the midwest?

http://www.probrewer.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14416

A good set-up would offer:

"your bottles - we wash"

"We supply bottles - arrange quantities ahead of time."

"Label printing/ Graphic design"

"Custom tops"

Custom packaging - four packs, six packs, twelves, cases.

This sounds like fun. This could be done out of an RV trailer.

...for profit - health department inspected mobile kitchen....

I think it'd be really cool to have our own label printed on x number of cans,then filled with our homebrew. Maybe set a minimum amount they'd fill? I'd love to can my brew at least once to compare it quality-wise to bottling over a couple months time.

I saw a guy come into a loacal kraft brewery last week. He bonked. He only had 40 hours experience apparently and did not make a good showing.

The equipment looked neat. They had a labeling machine also.

He is supposed to come back next week and see if he can make it run then.

He said his minimum would be 13 barrels BTW.

Back