LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 AM   #1
grasshopper1917
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Mini Fridges

Ok got my Keg gear - and i live in apartment and dont have tonns of room so I wanted to use a mini fridge to keep my keg cold - just plan on a basic 1 keg system for now. Problem is i find most the mini fridges are too small because of that little freezer on top. This may sound like a silly question but can u just unscrew the freezer?

I just wanna cheap mini fridge from the local second hand paper? Any of you experienced keggers have any advice?

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
goose_on_fire
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You need to be careful because the coolant lines run through the freezer tray and you don't want to fold, spindle, or mutilate them in any way.

That said, I recently discovered on mine that you can unscrew the left side of the tray and bend the whole thing down so it's vertical along the side of the fridge (as opposed to horizontal along the top).

If yours is like mine, you'll be able to fit a corny and a small CO2 tank.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 AM   #3
pen25
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose_on_fire View Post
You need to be careful because the coolant lines run through the freezer tray and you don't want to fold, spindle, or mutilate them in any way.

That said, I recently discovered on mine that you can unscrew the left side of the tray and bend the whole thing down so it's vertical along the side of the fridge (as opposed to horizontal along the top).

If yours is like mine, you'll be able to fit a corny and a small CO2 tank.
+1 and if you need a tad bigger to fit a second if your decent with wood you can add a spacer to the front.

from or living in oklahoma? come join us in the oklahoma group

Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
madewithchicken
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Read my blog. It is really bootleg, but I have been using it for awhile now with success.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Quick Reply