The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Low profile Sanke Tap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
CivEngPE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Low profile Sanke Tap

I recently purchased the Avanti BD-6000 Kegerator so I would be able to utilize commercial Sanke kegs as well as cornies. After inserting my first commercial keg, I noticed a huge problem. The clearance from the top of the sanke tap and the top of the kegerator was only barely enough to allow the beer line to make the 90 deg turn. This situation precluded me from installing a barbed fitting or other type of adapter to allow the removal of the compression fitting that came preinstalled on the beer line. After much research I finally came across a low profile Sanke tap that will work perfectly.

If anyone else has the same issue check this out.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/produ...px?ProdID=6193

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I had a similar problem with my Haier Kegerator. It would fit American 1/2 barrel kegs without a problem. I ran into issues with German Beers. My Warsteiner keg is skinnier and taller and would not fit with the German coupler, so I had to get a elbow adapter like the one below to make it work. All is well, but now I have 3 cornies in it with a 3 faucet tower for homebrew. My commercial keg buying days are pretty much over.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply