*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Low-profile pinlock Disconnects

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
bphelan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Low-profile pinlock Disconnects

Just received the jackpot of free kegging equipment from my home brewing mentor: 10 pin locks, dual gauge regulator, and a ton of fittings. I now have 13 kegs! Guess I'll have to get to work on that pipeline. Anyhow, amongst the fittings I noticed one set of these which seem to be low profile pin-lock connectors, which I've never seen before. Has anyone else seen these? I'd like to buy another set for an upcoming mini fridge kegerator project.

photo-3-.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Brewsader
Recipes 

I too would be really interested in finding some of these low profile pin lock connectors. Anyone know anything about them?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have seen them, they were standard black and red ones. I don't know if they are made anymore. If you convert them to ball lock and use the ball lock connector it saves about 1-1.5".

Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #4
fosaisu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 109

They sell "short" pin lock disconnects here, according to the description should save you just over half an inch over normal pin lock disconnects:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?...3d47d7009ff005

Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
fosaisu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 109

So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosaisu View Post
They sell "short" pin lock disconnects here, according to the description should save you just over half an inch over normal pin lock disconnects:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?...3d47d7009ff005

Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #6
phreaky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

I've also gotten some from www.apexbrewwares.com . Might have to call him to double check but the last ones I got were short.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
wantonsoup
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosaisu View Post
So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.
Normal ones are 3" tall, their short ones say they are 2 5/16" tall. That's a savings of 11/16" only, not the 1.5" mentioned. Now that you've got them - are they really 2 5/16" tall? I need exactly 1.5" shorter.

Quick Reply