Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Looking for an EXPERT!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
sarafin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for an EXPERT!

Hello Everyone!

My husband is a regular on here!

I am interested in getting him a kegging system for a present...
I don't know anything about this, any info/advice is highly appreciated!! I have found some things online for for thousands of dollars, unfortunately for us, that's not in our budget! He has mentioned before getting a min fridge and a conversion kit. He loves to home brew and would like to use it for that instead of bottling like he does now. The brew store he goes to said I get everything I need for $200 or so. We don't currently have a fridge for it have people tell me to go old fridge and also mini fridge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sara

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

There are a ton of different options for the fridge part. You can use a chest freezer with a temperature controller, a mini fridge as long as it is big enough, or a full sized fridge. If you are trying to do it cheap then keep out on craigslist, they pop up on there all the time. For all the components I would reccomend taking a look at http://stores.kegconnection.com/StoreFront.bok. They sell kits on there that have everything you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

If you can pick up a CO2 tank, regulator, hoses and kegs from your home brew store, your husband can put it in an old fridge and use a finger tap until he collects the rest. Some people convert old freezers into fridges and some use fridges. Let him decide which one he wants to do. Just get the kegging equipment and if there is still some money in the budget give him the cash and let him work it out for himself.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
sarafin
Recipes 

Great advice! Thanks for the info! I knew this was the place to go by the way my husband talks about this website!!! Thanks so much! I appreciate hearing from people who have done it before and know first hand! Have a wonderful day!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 509 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
If you can pick up a CO2 tank, regulator, hoses and kegs from your home brew store, your husband can put it in an old fridge and use a finger tap until he collects the rest. Some people convert old freezers into fridges and some use fridges. Let him decide which one he wants to do. Just get the kegging equipment and if there is still some money in the budget give him the cash and let him work it out for himself.
I was composing a similar post along the same lines when i gave up because I'm not a kegger. But yeah, there are a ton of options with the fridge, not so many with the kegging equipment, so that is the place to start.

Steven Hawking ~ As we say in science, the England football team couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo

Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Here is a good kit from kegconnection for 179$ they are a sponsor on this site . Ohh even though you buying for you husband be prepared for the marriage proposals.

and they will customize it to his specks. I would get at least 10ft lines and maybe ditch the party taps for shanks and faucets.

2-keg-basic-homebrew5000standard.jpg  

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Last edited by springer; 10-12-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
sarafin
Recipes 

Thanks Springer! Haha, that's funny!! Well, I love my beer too so it's like both our birthdays! Have a great day!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
springer

Recipes 

All he would need is a old fridge or chest freezer with a temp control.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
springer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafin View Post
Thanks Springer! Haha, that's funny!! Well, I love my beer too so it's like both our birthdays! Have a great day!
As sarafins public profile gets a thousand hits .

Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Arkador
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

if your husband is a regular on here, concider giving him a card offering whatever dollar amount you wish, and let him decide which way he wants to go. That way there is less risk in getting him a package that is different than what he wants. I know my wife doesn't have a clue what even went into the one we have.

+1 on the kit springer posted. Great entry level system, but I would personally recomend this one http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=324 for only $20 more (2 regulators)

either of those kits will work with almost any system, and can easily be converted to a tower or door mounted faucets.

For a total system (new) you would be looking at arround $450+ or a decent used setup from craigslist could be found for as little as $200.

Last edited by Arkador; 10-12-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply