Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > long draw

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4622 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerforlife View Post
I'm not sure if you meant a UBC chiller?? Whats it's HP??? If you make your own trunkline. You should wrap it first with foil tape, for even cold transfer from glycol lines to product lines, then with moisture barrier vinyl tapen then at least 3/4" wall closed cell foam insulation. 10 product lines, with just 1 glycol supply line and 1 glycol return line is pretty tight. Most suppliers use 2 supply & 2 returns for 10 & up trunklines. But should be able to get away with just the 2 with 10 product lines.
It may be easier to just buy a pre-made trunkline. It cost a little more, but saves a bunch of time and headache!!
Generally, a typical walk-in cooler keg set-up, goes like this. Keg coupler to 3/8" vinyl 5-6ft jumper to wall bracket, then wall bracket out to long trunkline to tap tower, then 3/16" vinyl choker 2-5ft length to faucet shanks for restriction adjustments.
The trick is too properly balance the longdraw trunkline section, so you dont have too use too much or little choker line, and get the desired flow rate without excess foaming issues, this is assuming the product is kept at desired temp.(38F) all the way thru the run from point A to B properly, otherwise, even if all other requiements are met, you will still have foaming issues.
I have installed many set-ups in our pub's and many other bar's & restaurants in our local area over the years, and have experienced just about every problem you can encounter!! If you have any ??? Just let me know, and i will pm you my cell#. I find it much easier too discuss over the phone than a keyboard!!! Cheers!!
I have NO idea what you just said!

But when I read the title of this thread, the first thing I thought of was trying to put you in touch with the OP with the issue.

I know that you absolutely know what you're talking about (with tons of experience) and that you can help him out. Thanks for your willingness to do that!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
rhaus27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerforlife View Post
I'm not sure if you meant a UBC chiller?? Whats it's HP??? If you make your own trunkline. You should wrap it first with foil tape, for even cold transfer from glycol lines to product lines, then with moisture barrier vinyl tapen then at least 3/4" wall closed cell foam insulation. 10 product lines, with just 1 glycol supply line and 1 glycol return line is pretty tight. Most suppliers use 2 supply & 2 returns for 10 & up trunklines. But should be able to get away with just the 2 with 10 product lines.
It may be easier to just buy a pre-made trunkline. It cost a little more, but saves a bunch of time and headache!!
Generally, a typical walk-in cooler keg set-up, goes like this. Keg coupler to 3/8" vinyl 5-6ft jumper to wall bracket, then wall bracket out to long trunkline to tap tower, then 3/16" vinyl choker 2-5ft length to faucet shanks for restriction adjustments.
The trick is too properly balance the longdraw trunkline section, so you dont have too use too much or little choker line, and get the desired flow rate without excess foaming issues, this is assuming the product is kept at desired temp.(38F) all the way thru the run from point A to B properly, otherwise, even if all other requiements are met, you will still have foaming issues.
I have installed many set-ups in our pub's and many other bar's & restaurants in our local area over the years, and have experienced just about every problem you can encounter!! If you have any ??? Just let me know, and i will pm you my cell#. I find it much easier too discuss over the phone than a keyboard!!! Cheers!!
just got back from vegas, so its time to think about beer again and not blackjack . the pump is either 1/3 or 1/2 ill have to check, its rated up to 125' if IRC, building the line probably will be more difficult then just buying it. but fun imo, I do have 3/8" tubing for jumpers to the FOB's.

I had a wall mount plate made for my FOB's and secondary regs to be mounted on.

is a choker line at the end of the run a must?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply