The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Liquid Ball Lock Connector For Carbonating

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
tdiowa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Liquid Ball Lock Connector For Carbonating

I have a dedicated CO2 tank and regulator for set it and forget it carbonating of my kegs. I have always used the gas connector to the liquid out post and turned the regulator to 12 - 14 psi for 7 - 10 days.

The question I have is can I use the liquid out connectors to do this? The gas connectors are a PIA to get on and off. What I would like to do is secure the liquid connector to the regulator hose and then attach it to the corny liquid out and begin carbonating. Again this is a dedicated carbonation station and the CO2 and regulator will never be used for any thing else. Are there any down sides to this.

Your comments are welcomed.

TD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Edcculus
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 37 Posts

Why are you connecting it to the liquid out post in the first place? I can't think of any good reason to do it. Are you trying to bubble CO2 through the beer? Unless you have a diffusion stone on the end of the liquid out post, thats not really doing any good. If you are using a "carbing station", just hook it up via gas in, set it and forget it.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

I don't see any problem, but I recommend you install a check valve at the regulator.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply