Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > length in primary

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
telebrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default length in primary

I've never left my brew in primary longer than 2 weeks. I don't have time to bottle tonight. Would leaving it an extra 2 days, 16 days total, be alright?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
Willy Boner
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Not a problem. Many of us have been leaving the brew for a month or longer and skipping secondary fermenter all together. It gives the yeast a chance to clean up after themselves and the flavors to meld, bulk conditioning, it's agood thing.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Many of us here leave our beers in primary for a month, it is actually very good for the beer to leave it around that long...it improves taste and clarity vastly...

There are several dozen threads about long primary or no secondary...if you wanna know what it does and why we choose to do it, just do a thread search on those key words...there's like at least one new thread on it every 2-3 days so there's plenty of inf.

SO if you really want to bottle in 16 days you will be fine..but if you leave it for 30 days you will be even better.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply