Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Leaky flip-tops

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
badun
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I've pretty much abandoned flip tops and now use a combination of Party Pigs and 22 ounce bottles with caps. The advice I give all newbies when they ask is, once they are sure this is a hobby they're going to stick with, to buy big. I've wasted hundreds of dollars on buying items incrementally (plastic bottles, flip tops, big bottles, and now Party Pigs) when I could have gone big in the beginning and saved a lot of money.

Then again, my wife would have freaked if I'd gone for a separate fridge, Corny kegs, and Fermenator from the beginning. Not that I have those now, but I'm sure I'll end up with them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
MoRoToRiUm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Funny how that works... Started with mini-kegs, then soon went to cornies. Just last night I bought a case of Grolsch (swingtops!). I guess I am 'regressing', but still plan to keg, and use my (We don't need no stinking beer gun...), so I don't need to worry about priming. Cheaper and easier then worrying about caps in my books. Plus, Lancaster Malt Brewery (local brew here) has 2.5 liter growlers for about $20! Getting one filled and probably pick up another tonight. Grolsch bottles and growlers always seem to hold up fine, so I'm not worried; just don't buy cheap no name ones from LHBS.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply