The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Last Corny Question I promise

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Grinnan5150
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Last Corny Question I promise

From everyone's experience, once you prime your corny with 1/3 cup of corn sugar, how long would you say you have to let it condition before you put it in the fridge and hit it with CO2? I've read that it can condition with priming sugar for two weeks, like bottles, before chilling and hooking up to CO2.

Just curious because sometimes I have to travel for work and don't want to leave it conditioning in the keg longer than the two weeks if it's going to turn to crap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4202 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinnan5150 View Post
From everyone's experience, once you prime your corny with 1/3 cup of corn sugar, how long would you say you have to let it condition before you put it in the fridge and hit it with CO2? I've read that it can condition with priming sugar for two weeks, like bottles, before chilling and hooking up to CO2.

Just curious because sometimes I have to travel for work and don't want to leave it conditioning in the keg longer than the two weeks if it's going to turn to crap.
I haven't done it lately (low on beer so it all goes right in the kegerator!) but I think it was usually about two weeks at room temperature to carb up. I have left them out much longer, though, when I had a full pipeline of beer and the beer had to wait its turn for a place in the kegerator. But I'm pretty sure they were carbed up in two to three weeks.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Grinnan5150
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I haven't done it lately (low on beer so it all goes right in the kegerator!) but I think it was usually about two weeks at room temperature to carb up. I have left them out much longer, though, when I had a full pipeline of beer and the beer had to wait its turn for a place in the kegerator. But I'm pretty sure they were carbed up in two to three weeks.
OK, thank you for the info! I won't sweat it if it's conditioning for more than 2 weeks then. I rarely have a problem with beer waiting to be tapped because I drink it too fast....which is probably why my pants don't fit!

Quick Reply