Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Lagering Bottles and Bottling Lagers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
mdf191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Lagering Bottles and Bottling Lagers

Besides having an opportunity to use a Dr. Suess-like title, I do have a few real questions

I am planning on bottling a small portion of my lager, and kegging/ lagering the rest.

1) Will the beer thats bottled after a 3-4 week primary fermentation lager the same as the kegged version?

2) Do lager beer's yeast have enough kick lest in them to carb bottles after a month in the primary?

3) After bottling would it be better to lager the beer at cold temps, then after the lagering period put the bottles at a warmer temp so yeast can carb bottles?...
.. Or would it be better to warm bottles and carb..then store for lagering (I could see this approach damaging the lager qualities of the beer)?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #2
RICLARK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf191
Besides having an opportunity to use a Dr. Suess-like title, I do have a few real questions

I am planning on bottling a small portion of my lager, and kegging/ lagering the rest.

1) Will the beer thats bottled after a 3-4 week primary fermentation lager the same as the kegged version?

2) Do lager beer's yeast have enough kick lest in them to carb bottles after a month in the primary?

3) After bottling would it be better to lager the beer at cold temps, then after the lagering period put the bottles at a warmer temp so yeast can carb bottles?...
.. Or would it be better to warm bottles and carb..then store for lagering (I could see this approach damaging the lager qualities of the beer)?
When I bottled my lager's I brought them up to temp to carb and then Lagered them

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply