Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Krups beertender?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
gent1987
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Krups beertender?

I got a krups beertender for christmas and I am wondering if and how easy it is to dispense homebrew from this thing. Anyone have any experience with this?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3488

I just found this looking for the same info for a friend....Don't know if it really works or not. But it's really the first actual info I've seen on folks being able to do it.

How To Reuse Your Heineken Mini-Kegs

There's also a few threads in the similar threads box below, but none of them seem to have any real solutions in there.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
gent1987
Recipes 

Would I be able to make this work?

Amazon.com: Tap Conversion Kit for Other 5-Liter Mini Kegs: Kitchen & Dining

Old 12-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gent1987 View Post
Someone posted that in another thread, it doesn't say whether or not it works with the Krups beertender or not.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
Jp96
Recipes 

I just joined today in order to get some insight on the same issue. Got a Krups Beertender for my bday ( coincidentally the same day the OP started this thread) and was wondering if it can be converted to use 5L gravity kegs and expand my options (not just Heiny and Newcastle draught kegs).

Just got into homebrewing and bottled my first batch today, so personally I'm more interested in whether this will work with a gravity keg I can just pick up at the store....for now.

If anyone gets some info on this and could share, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one that would be grateful.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
gent1987
Recipes 

I think the most practical way is the link from Revvy on how to re use the kegs. If you go to that link there is another link within that shows how to make your own tap with Co2 charging sytem in a standard 5l keg. The only thing with that is you would have to convert the tap somehow on the outside of the beertender.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

This is one of those things that is so new I think, that there's very few established hacks for it. Folks who want it need to be the ones to break ground here, and experiment til they get it right, and write up what they did.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
tom_gamer
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy
This is one of those things that is so new I think, that there's very few established hacks for it. Folks who want it need to be the ones to break ground here, and experiment til they get it right, and write up what they did.
this thing is not new, unless two years is new. Either way, I too own one and I don't think its possible.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_gamer View Post
this thing is not new, unless two years is new. Either way, I too own one and I don't think its possible.
I think two years is relatively new in the grand scheme of things.

And it looks like from what I posted, that it's very possible, just difficult. Did you even look at the links I posted????

Here, from the link is a pic of a guy with a sink full of dishes pouring his IPA from the keg, before putting it back in the beer tender.

Doesn't look impossible to me....looks done...

Just need more folks with fresh eyes to come up with more refined solutions.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #10
ArcaneXor
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Honestly, I'd return it and use the money for a CO2 tank, regulator and carbonator cap. Once you have those pieces, you're just a keg and craiglist fridge away from a full kegging setup, which is infinitely superior to this proprietary appliance.

Kegged: Porter, Scottish 80, Pils, Orange Blossom Mead

Quick Reply