New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegs - Chilling then Removing to Room Temp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
maltoftheearth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Kegs - Chilling then Removing to Room Temp?

I have two situations in which I need to put kegs in a cool freezer and then remove them to a warm room. Don't know if this will have any consequences.

Situation A: My freezer fits three kegs and currently HAS three kegs. I will be kegging two more ales this weekend and want to put them on gas to get them carbed up and ready for visitors in two weeks. That means I have to remove two kegs that are already carbed and on gas in order to make room for the teo new ones. I will have to leave them on gas at room temperature while the 2 new beers carb. Will this be a problem for the beers already cooled and carbed to be at room temp?

Situation B: Similarly, I want to brew two lagers and chill them (probably not on CO2 to carb) but I won't know when I'll be able to serve them (the guests will visit later this year, date unknown.) So I will have to remove them from the freezer to make way for other fermenting beer. Is it a problem to chill and then leave at room temp?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Long range forecast:

5G Carboy Primary (1):
5G Carboy Primary (2):
2.5G Carboy Primary:

Kegged: alt, Belgo Clone Wars, Salt n' Peppa IPA, Slip One to the Porter, Russian Oligarch Stout, Rye Around Sally IPA, California Commoner, No Fail Cream Ale.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
shelly_belly
Someday Never Comes
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I do it all of the time. Doesn't really seem to be a problem to me.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
cuart682
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have taken many chilled kegs and then let them sit at room temp with no problems. I would recommend trying to keep the warmed kegs at a stable room temp I one or two kegs go bad that I had in my garage because of the huge temperature swings at temps up in the 90's.

Quick Reply