Kegging supplies in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrmiller

Reaction score
Anyone have a good supplier up here in the Great White North? What do orders from the States end up costing with shipping and duty? I live on the west coast, so if anyone knows a good shop in Vancouver, that would be a bonus.

I'm looking for a tower kegerator kit, I've got an old Danby fridge and need everything else.

Thanks!

I got into brewing about three years ago and couldn't find a good supplier in Canada. I wound up buying a keg kit from the US. The only real problem was that the kegs were pressurized with CO2 and the border guards didn't want to allow them to pass. I can't remember what the shipping charges were, but since it was the only show in town I had no choice but to pay it. Since then I've found a place that has some stuff, but it's so expensive that it's still cheaper to order from the south even with shipping, duty, exchange, etc.

I originally bought from Alternative Beverage. http://www.alternativebeverage.com/cornelius_kegging_system_ball_lock/cornelius_ball_lock_system.htm

I bought the three keg system. I'm up to 14 kegs now. :D

kegconnection will ship via usps so you don't have to pay any duty! Just give them a call or send them an e-mail. You would be better off calling them, they are good guys.

I had to pay $90 duty (forgot to ask for USPS shipping), if it wasn't for that I would have gotten the whole kit for around $400 shipped.

Yes, bought from Simgo, great to deal with.

like already said, RichardWhittaker on here has a post in the classifieds for some for sale. Also, before you go anywhere, do you have a local Princess Auto? they had them for sale but not sure if there's any left. Check there first as the kegs were $25 each.

I bought from http://homebrew-supplies.ca
Randy has been awesome. The store is in Ontario, shipping to Saskatchewan was by Canada post and was quite cheap. He has an fairly extensive amount of parts and supplies.

I still have some kegs left. I had the same problem with finding kegs for a reasonable price in Canada and ended up buying out a guy who used to service the kegs for coke and pepsi. I got about 30 kegs for a decent price however they were missing parts such as the quick connect posts. I have been putting kegs together and selling them to try and recover my costs and fund my transition to all grain brewing. SWMBO would like to see them move a little faster than they have been I think she wants some of the space back ;).

Richard

Back