Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegging homebrew in a commercial keg???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Mthomp7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegging homebrew in a commercial keg???

I am wondering if i can siphon homebrew into a commercial sanke keg. I received a new 6 gallon sanke from a bar owner friend and want to fill it with homebrew for a party and dont want to lug my corney set up over. What do i need to know about properly refilling the keg? I have already taken the dip tube out and have cleaned it with PBW.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
phreaky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Really that's all there is to it. I like to take the spear apart also, as it only takes 2 minutes. Once the keg and spear have been washed, rinsed and sanitized, fill it with beer, and put it back together. put it on the gas for the regular amount of time you like to, and you're in business.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
patthebrewer
Manasquan River Brewing LLC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Yup..two of my kegs in inventory are sankeys. I do it all the time. You hit the nail on the head Just clean, fill it up, carb it up, and drink. The only think I don't like about my sankeys is the #8%@!!!! ring, I always seem to skin my knuckle trying to get it back on...taking it off is the easy part. IMHO Sankey kegs are easier to clean, too!

ManasquanRiverBrewingllc@outlook.com

"Maker of the Original "Manasquan River Paddle", an all hand made, hand shaped & contoured, mash paddle. Designed for home brewers by a brewer"

Available thru the Fine Folks at MoreBeer! Inc., and Love2Brew.com.

Also available thru select Local Home Brew Stores
World Wide.

Wholesale inquiries welcome.

Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManasquanRiverBrewingLLC?ref=hl

Quick Reply