Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > kegerators

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
daftdraft
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default kegerators

I am looking to buy a kegerator. What are some good companies to buy from for a good price?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
lilzaphod
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftdraft View Post
I am looking to buy a kegerator. What are some good companies to buy from for a good price?
I can talk a little about this since I just bit the bullet today on a Haier Brewmaster from Menards.

Walmart.com: Haier Keg BrewMaster Beer Dispenser & Refrigerator for 1/2, 1/4, and Mini-Barrel Kegs : Appliances
Sorry for the Wal-Mart link, but Menard's doesn't have this on their website. I paid $478 before tax.

I bought this system since I was able to get it for $500 after tax local, and the kits I saw to make an Oster 5.0 into a kegerator were going to run $550+ shipping (~100).

The Haier comes with a Sanky tap. An extra ball lock fixed that problem and now I have a single tap for a cornie keg. The great thing is that 3 cornies (i provided) and a 5 pound co2 bottle with reg and gauge (kit included) fit in the unit with no problems.

There is plenty of room to drop 2 extra hoses into the tower, and I'm going to design a wooden tower top that fits squarely over the tower, is approx 6 inches wide by 4 inches deep and 3 inches the other direction. I will run two additional taps into that so I have a t configuration on the top of the tower, and will fill the box with styrofoam to keep it from letting out the cold.

So maybe I'm biased, but it looks like for under $600, I will have a 3 keg setup that looks professional and is much cheaper than the $1500+ I was seeing on some website for a 3 keg homebrew system.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Unless you are looking for style, you can build a kegerator out of an old refrigerator for way less than any commercial model.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
Hammy71
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 420 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 639

Got my kegerator several years ago from Sears....It's a Kenmore....Wasn't cheap but looks really nice....(Since mine sits in the family room downstairs...a refridge conversion wasn't gonna happen....or so the OL told me....)

Kenmore Half-Barrel Keg Dispenser and Storage - Model 9157 at Sears.com

Old 10-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
MrJohnson
Recipes 

Well I just scored this today...

Keg Cooler - Tap w/Co2 - Black - Deluxe Model

Its a Haier HBF05EABB, and its in basically brand new shape. It was a little dirty from sitting for a year or two but its all shined up now. At $275 I couldn't afford not to buy it!

Old 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Cpt_Kirks
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnson View Post
Well I just scored this today...

Keg Cooler - Tap w/Co2 - Black - Deluxe Model

Its a Haier HBF05EABB, and its in basically brand new shape. It was a little dirty from sitting for a year or two but its all shined up now. At $275 I couldn't afford not to buy it!
Dude!

That was a STEAL!!!

You lucked out, what will that hold, four cornies?

Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #7
MrJohnson
Recipes 

It will for sure hold 3, with CO2, Im not sure i could fit 4. I only have 3 but I'm curious if a 2.5 would fit too. Last week I got a chrome 4 tap T-tower for $60 on CL, so i really hope i can remote the CO2 and run 4 taps. If not, I got a 2 tap from the same guy... Any thoughts?

Quick Reply