Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegerator Recommendation - Anyone Have Durafied DFK1077 or Nostalgia NRS-2150?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
redline
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Kegerator Recommendation - Anyone Have Durafied DFK1077 or Nostalgia NRS-2150?

So I'm looking to purchase a pre-built Kegerator, and found a few models reasonable priced online.

Does anyone have a Durafied DFK1077 or Nostalgia NRS-2150?
Which one would you recommend?
Does anyone have a review they could point me to?

Thank-you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
skylor60
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

well I would do some research on them at kererators.com. my recommendation would be if you can afford 1 go with those from a commercial maker like Bev Air, Summit, Perlick or True those are very good and you should never have trouble getting parts

Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
redline
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks, not really looking to get into commercial grade at this point, just doesn't fit my budget.

Anyone have any feedback on these? Or any other entry level Kegerator suggestions?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
redline
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Bump - any feedback at all? On any non-homemade kegerator brands?? Someone must own one they'd recommend...

Old 09-19-2011, 02:15 AM   #5
2puttbird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was doing some research last winter, and ran into a number of folks on other forums (especially the MM forum) that were very helpful. I had pretty much settled on a Sanyo/Summit dual tap model (with a couple of upgrades) when one of the guys on that forum introduced me to this forum and suddenly the off-the-rack models simply wouldn't do anymore. And I ended up spending only about $100 more on my keezer than what the dual tap kegerator was going to cost me.

Not trying to talk you into or out of anything, just relaying my experience. Good luck finding your kegerator!

If you're not having fun, lower your standards ...

My keezer build thread --> Mid-Missouri freezer conversion

Old 09-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #6
redline
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for your reply, so what put it over the top for you to build your own unit versus buying a pre-made unit? Was it the quality parts? The joy of building it yourself? The customization ability?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
2puttbird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think it was a combination of things. First was the look ... SWMBO and I both liked the look of the homemade units better for something that would be sitting in the middle of our house (at least until we finish the basement, which will be a while).

Cost: It seemed like all of the premade units required several upgrades to get what I really wanted, so it made sense to just order exactly what I wanted from the get-go.

And reliability ... after I thought about it, using a chest freezer with a controller made really good sense to me, because chest freezers are made to run for years, keeping food at 0 degrees, so keeping beer at 35 degrees should be a cinch, right?

And yes, of course, I was intrigued by the possibility that I might be able to make one of these myself. I've been doing small woodworking projects for many years, and am fortunate to have an okay shop ... and to be honest, I'm not sure I would have tried it without that. It was great fun, and I do get a lot of satisfaction from pouring a cold one from something I made ;-)

Sorry for the ramble ... be sure to post picks of your kegerator!

If you're not having fun, lower your standards ...

My keezer build thread --> Mid-Missouri freezer conversion

Quick Reply