*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegerator problems: foam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 AM   #31
JesseRC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I alway pour about 2 ounces out, then continue the pour in a clean cold water rinsed glass. I have everything from Kegconnection, and my keezer sits outside. I pour the first 2 ounces out cuz to cool the lines and tap. Do you suspect your lines are warmer than the beer? When you get a glass of foam, try pouring another right after. If it seems better, then its probably your lines being too warm. If not then either your beer is still overcarbed, or you serving pressure is still to high.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
bobjohnson77
Recipes 

Check the tower temps too. I had to riug something to blow cold air into them or all i got was foam I use about 5 foot of line and 10-12 psi and little foam especially after the first poor

Old 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #33
Willsellout

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRC View Post
I alway pour about 2 ounces out, then continue the pour in a clean cold water rinsed glass. I have everything from Kegconnection, and my keezer sits outside. I pour the first 2 ounces out cuz to cool the lines and tap. Do you suspect your lines are warmer than the beer? When you get a glass of foam, try pouring another right after. If it seems better, then its probably your lines being too warm. If not then either your beer is still overcarbed, or you serving pressure is still to high.
Yeah I did try that. The problem is that each time I open the tap I get a burst of foam no matter what I do. I'm sure part of the problem is that my beer is highly carbonated. The problem with this keg setup not working with highly carbonated beers is that I like it that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjohnson77 View Post
Check the tower temps too. I had to riug something to blow cold air into them or all i got was foam I use about 5 foot of line and 10-12 psi and little foam especially after the first poor
It's definitely a bit warmer in the tower but I've ran a pint through then tried to run another pint and get the same result as the first even though the beer is cold.

Dan
Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 04-29-2009, 05:07 PM   #34
JesseRC
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

sorry, but it sounds it is still over carbed. You cant really say u dont like beer carbed at 12 psi , if you havnt done it yet. And I mean slowly carbed beer at 12psi. I think you need to de carb and wait. You say you like it this way, but how do you know. You are getting so much foam and co2 is coming out of solution that you might actually be tasting beer that has less carbonation than what is in the keg. So in theory once all the foam subsides it probably is at about 10-12psi.

Jesse

Primaries: Mojave Red (AG)
Kegs: Hibiscus Saison (AG), Orange Kolsch (AG) , Cocunut Porter
Future Brew: Wee Heavy

Last edited by JesseRC; 04-29-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #35
Willsellout

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRC View Post
sorry, but it sounds it is still over carbed. You cant really say u dont like beer carbed at 12 psi , if you havnt done it yet. And I mean slowly carbed beer at 12psi. I think you need to de carb and wait. You say you like it this way, but how do you know. You are getting so much foam and co2 is coming out of solution that you might actually be tasting beer that has less carbonation than what is in the keg. So in theory once all the foam subsides it probably is at about 10-12psi.
Could be. I'm purging as we speak.
Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 03-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #36
PastorofMuppets
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I am astounded at 30 psi for 30 minutes. wowzers.
I have given up completely on the rolling method for carbing.
The set and forget method works perfectly.

Quick Reply