Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegerator pouring mostly foam

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
MizooBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
3/16" should be fine. Like Bobby_M said, 10 days is not necessarily going to be enough. If you've got a lot of particulate matter in suspension especially, you might just need to give the whole system more time to settle out and equilibrate. It is very unlikely that the addition of the manifold changed anything directly.

Were your kegs cold for the whole 10 days? Have they been jostled around lately?
They were cold for the entire time- occasionally jostled but not much. I usually try to let them sit for at least a few hours sampling them (after jostling).

I'm going to hook them all back up at 10psi after letting them naturally become uncarbonated for about 24 hours at 38F. I realize that there will still be CO2 in solution, but I would think they would now be below optimum carbonation levels. I'll give them a full week at 10psi, sample, and then probably wait an additional week to start serving.

Sorry for all the n00b questions- I'm trying to get three kegs carbed up and serving well for a part I'm hosting in two weeks. If I can't get it figured out I'm not sure what I'll do... if anyone has an suggestions as to the best way to approach this I would love to hear them.

EDIT: It occured to me that my CO2 tank with regulator is now outside of my fridge with the manifold inside, while I used to have it inside. Does this matter, or is it reading 10psi outside (not at 38F) still mean each keg is getting 10psi?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply