New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegerator hose clamps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
hukdizzle
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Kegerator hose clamps.

I'm about to build up a keezer on a 15cu/ft chest with a collar and previously with kegging I have used small stainless worm gear clamps which were easy to source/install but really I want something with a much cleaner look that provides equal pressure at all points.

I am thinking about going with oetiker clamps on this keezer build but before I drop the 20$ on a tool to install/remove them is there a better alternative out there that you guys have found?

Thanks,

-huK

Primary 1 - Cream Ale
Primary 2 - Cream Ale
Primary 3 - Empty
Secondary 1 - Empty
Bottled - Apfelwein, Big Roasted Rocket Fuel RIS
Kegged 1 - English Nut Brown Ale
Kegged 2 - American Brown IPA
Kegged 3 - Bavarian Hefeweizen
Kegged 4 - Empty
Kegged 5 - Empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Ohio-Ed
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukdizzle View Post
I'm about to build up a keezer on a 15cu/ft chest with a collar and previously with kegging I have used small stainless worm gear clamps which were easy to source/install but really I want something with a much cleaner look that provides equal pressure at all points.

I am thinking about going with oetiker clamps on this keezer build but before I drop the 20$ on a tool to install/remove them is there a better alternative out there that you guys have found?

Thanks,

-huK

I just started using oetiker clamps. So far I like them very much. I got the ones I have from Fastenal.

I have not used them on gas or beverage lines... used them on silicon and thermoplastic. They grip really nicely without damaging the hose.

Downsides that I see are that they are one time use only; and the size range for individual clamps is fairly narrow.

I bought the "pincher" tool, but you might be able to get away with a ceramic tile nipper if you have one. However, the pincher tool has longer handles and will give you more leverage.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
half_full
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the oetiker clamps. I tend to build lines to use for as long as the line looks good and cleans to my satisfaction. So, for the one time use, no big deal. I got the nipper tool online when I ordered the clams. Works good and stays in the brew box rather than the tool box to keep it clean.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
lustreking
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukdizzle View Post

Thanks,

-huK
No need to buy a fancy tool. Just use an end nipper or side cutter from a dollar store. It will work fine.

My brewing site:
http://brewing.lustreking.com

Quick Reply