Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Kegerator Build Igloo 4.6 FR465, Haier HNSE05, Kenmore 183.94679 and possibly others

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
Hatch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

That looks great and thanks for the head's up on the bolts! My tower has three and I guess I got lucky with mine as I didn't hit the wire.

I was in a bit of a hurry to get mine up and running for a holiday party and it all came together, now it's down to making it nicer. I still need to run the back CO2 line (thanks again for the measurements) and think about the top. A friend has a nice (well protected) wood top and rails so that's an option since I'm a clutz and worry about breaking glasses but yours has me thinking...

Cheers,
Hatch

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks for all the info on this thread. I've just ordered an Igloo FR465 as well and plan on getting 2 corny kegs to put into it. It seems to be by far the cheapest route of getting a kegerator.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #33
snowtires
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 40 Posts

Here is the kegerator all finished. It works great.

forumrunner_20121228_093324.jpg   forumrunner_20121228_093354.jpg  

Primary 1 Hoppy birthday IPA
Primary 2 Citra blonde
Secondary: Do people still use secondaries?
Drinking: Beer from the store :(

alter Likes This 
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #34
the_kent
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Anything special i should know about relocating the freezer part of this unit? Picking one up this weekend, and looking to get started asap.
thanks in advance!

Change is inevitable; progress is optional.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #35
snowtires
Recipes 

Just do it when the fridge is warm. I did mine kind of backwards because I didn't need the extra room back there and it seemed to require less bending. I think there are 2 pipes inside the main pipe so be super careful and bend slowly and gradually. The pipe is very soft so it will bend easier then you may think. Dont kink the pile. Drink a homebrew after you do this step not before

Primary 2 Citra blonde

Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #36
OutOfSpaceBrewingCo
Recipes 

Great thread. I really like the top finishes you guys put on as well. I am making the transition to kegging and this seems to be a good fridge for both price and economy. I have two quick questions I was hoping to get answered before running out and purchasing the fridge:

1. Has anyone done this conversion, or taken a measurement, to see if this would fit a 5 lb co2 tank on the hump with a dual gage regulator?
2. I noticed on some of the other fridge conversions people have needed a piece of plywood to mount the tower to. Is this necessary for this fridge, or is it more a "if you want it use it if not forget it" issue?

Thanks guys.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #37
ikoniak
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSpaceBrewingCo View Post
Great thread. I really like the top finishes you guys put on as well. I am making the transition to kegging and this seems to be a good fridge for both price and economy. I have two quick questions I was hoping to get answered before running out and purchasing the fridge:

1. Has anyone done this conversion, or taken a measurement, to see if this would fit a 5 lb co2 tank on the hump with a dual gage regulator?
2. I noticed on some of the other fridge conversions people have needed a piece of plywood to mount the tower to. Is this necessary for this fridge, or is it more a "if you want it use it if not forget it" issue?

Thanks guys.
I just got my Igloo 4.6 FR464 and two ball locks plus a C02 fit pefectly without much modification. Though, my fridge did NOT have a freezer panel to bend down. It's build into the fridge walls, so that step isn't necessarily. It's a pretty awesome fridge for a cheap kegerator project.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 AM   #38
OutOfSpaceBrewingCo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoniak

I just got my Igloo 4.6 FR464 and two ball locks plus a C02 fit pefectly without much modification. Though, my fridge did NOT have a freezer panel to bend down. It's build into the fridge walls, so that step isn't necessarily. It's a pretty awesome fridge for a cheap kegerator project.
Thanks ikoniak. Probably pick up this fridge next weekend. Already got the kegs and tower ready to go.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #39
Hatch
Recipes 

So when drilling the back gas line is it bad when it goes "Psssssssssssssssst"? I wish I could put a smiley on it but I just bricked my kegerator. The tower was all installed and functional but I couldn't get my kegs in there with the CO2 bottle so I did the centered and 4 5/8" down from the outside, drilled a 1/4" hole and got the dreaded sound. I guess I should have tried to dig it out from the plastic side first.

If anybody need a door with the liner removed I have one just North of Seattle.

The worst part is I have two cornies ready to go with an IPA and a porter. To Craigslist I go...

Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #40
snowtires
Recipes 

Oh thats not good. Maybe i got lucky there was no line there when i did it. Im sorry to hear about your fridge i wonder what line it was. It must be one of the ones that disperses heat. I hate to say it but just a reminder to anyone reading this thread to cut out the plastic inside the fridge with a knife or something dig the foam where you are planning to drill or cut.

Just an update on mine, its working great and it looks so good that SWMBO let me put it in the kitchen

forumrunner_20130216_235624.jpg  

Primary 2 Citra blonde

Quick Reply