New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keg Posts Interchangeable?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
huckdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Keg Posts Interchangeable?

Can I use my Firestone keg posts on my Super Champion Cornelius and/or my Valmadrea kegs? I understand the poppets are different but are the posts interchangeable without issue?

My gas disconnect fits all of my kegs but the liquid out only fits securely on my Firestones. I was able to get beer flowing from my Firestone (first keg draft!) but the beer I was really loking forward to, wouldn't you know it, is in a Super Champion Cornelius.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
Beerrific

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I do not think you can. The threads on the posts are different, but I have never tried myself.

Here is a reference to the thread sizes:
http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=44162

Old 06-13-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
stevecaaster
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

all the cornelius brand kegs i get from northern brewer come with the firestone type 7/8 inch posts, you kno, the type with the very skinny part for your wrench to grab on to. so i am pretty sure they are interchangable, unless cornelius brand made a keg with the 7/8 inch post type

Quick Reply