Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > A keg in my kitchen fridge?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #11
supaphly42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Haven't read that link yet, but what about a piece of plywood across the glass to distribute the weight of the keg?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #12
Magua
Recipes 

I removed the crisper drawers and bottom shelf on mine. It allows me to fit 2 kegs with stuff in between them. Yeast jars also fit perfectly on the back ridge. I also do the occasional carb burst after a few beers like KevinM.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
dmclalin
Recipes 

I too rent and cannot modify my fridge. I have no place for a kegerator and I'm not sure the electrical could handle it if I did. Any instruction/pics of how to do this. I am single and don't keep a lot of food in the fridge so I could accomodate a keg or maybe even a couple of 5 gal kegs. I don't brew anymore, so I would be buying the beer.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
dmclalin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewmike View Post
You might be able to pick up a cheap fridge on CL if you are lucky!
I too have not had much luck on CL. Everyone wants what they paid for it and you can buy new for a little more.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
DrHops
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/175-GALLON-BALL-LOCK-KEG-P3222C109.aspx

1.75 gallon keg that is 11 inches tall and would easily fit in most fridges. Add a paintball tank, a regulator made for one and a cobra tap and you're good to go. The paintball tank and regulator can still be used if you eve get a dedicated fridge for kegs. I use mine for my portable setup as well as for force carbing. I always keep 2 full paintball co2 tanks at all times. 5# tanks of co2 can't be filled at night or on weekends, paintball tanks can always be filled at night and on weekends, they make a great backup.

On Deck:

1. Dragonfly Wiz (hard lemonade)
2. Dragonfly Blood (strawberry hard lemonade)
3. Alpine Spring clone
4. IIPA
5. Belma S.M.A.S.H.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 AM   #16
WDT
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHops View Post
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/175-GALLON-BALL-LOCK-KEG-P3222C109.aspx

1.75 gallon keg that is 11 inches tall and would easily fit in most fridges. Add a paintball tank, a regulator made for one and a cobra tap and you're good to go. The paintball tank and regulator can still be used if you eve get a dedicated fridge for kegs. I use mine for my portable setup as well as for force carbing. I always keep 2 full paintball co2 tanks at all times. 5# tanks of co2 can't be filled at night or on weekends, paintball tanks can always be filled at night and on weekends, they make a great backup.
Came in to suggest this exactly..

Quick Reply