DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Default Keg Line Stuck

Ok, I'm still a bit of a newb with my kegging system and have a question. I have an IPA I just put into the keg and did a force carb on it Friday. I was picking up some crud (dry hop pellets ) when I transfered it into the keg. So tonight I try and draw a taste test out and it starts to pour ok, then basically stopped/pisses out now. I got a two tap system so flipped the lines and it follows the IPA keg. I tested the pressure release valve and have lots of pressure. I figure I got crap in the out line/poppet eh?

I suspect I depressurize the keg and unscrew ball valve and clean everything out. Don't think I need to clean out the faucet since it poured fine with the other keg? Anything else to share besides stop dry hopping with pellets in the future?!?!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Put one of these on the outlet dip tube surescreen I'll never keg a blackerry cider again without one!

For now, depressurize a little & stick the gas line on the outlet. Give it a shot of CO2 to blow the dip tube clear.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Last edited by david_42; 11-29-2005 at 02:49 AM.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 AM   #3
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Put one of these on the outlet dip tube surescreen I'll never keg a blackerry cider again without one!

For now, depressurize a little & stick the gas line on the outlet. Give it a shot of CO2 to blow the dip tube clear.
Ahh, brilliant! And I'll look into that surescreen as well. Thanks.

Quick Reply