Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keg Carbonating In Fridge Then Stored Outside Fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #1
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default Keg Carbonating In Fridge Then Stored Outside Fridge

I have a question on keg carbonating!! Has anyone or can you carbonate a keg in the fridge, then store the keg in the basement outside the fridge for later drinking?
I don't want to carbonate the keg with priming sugar because of the 3 week (like bottling) carbonation time!!

Before I try it I would like to know if anyone has done it before.

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 01:55 AM   #2
crazydutchmanbrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Yes you can I do it all the time.I just set and forget it for a week and pull it out when I want to change the keg.

"Mmmmmmmmm.....BEER!" Homer J. Simpson

Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It'll work fine - Just remember that the keg will have a lot more pressure when it warms up. It's not a bad thing, but you'll have to let it get fully chilled again before you serve or it's gonna pour foam.

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSounds View Post
It'll work fine - Just remember that the keg will have a lot more pressure when it warms up. It's not a bad thing, but you'll have to let it get fully chilled again before you serve or it's gonna pour foam.
Thanks for the advice!! I think thats what im goin to do

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Quick Reply