Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > keg carbing questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Brewby, my beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default keg carbing questions

Hi, I'm relatively new to kegging. I have a Hefe on tap now.

I have looked around for information on the boards about carbing and balancing and I think I'm on the right track.

I'm going with the rule of thumb that you want 1/2foot of beer line per lb of psi (ie 10psi serving pressure would use 5ft of beer line)

My set up is a Sanyo 4912 with pony taps.

My real question is:

Do most of you just carb all your beer to the same level or do you carb based on style. If you carb on style, do you switch your beer lines out for each different style to keep the system balanced?

I'm thinking that with the exception of special beers that might need extra carb I will just carb all me beers the same say 10psi or around there. (I also have only one regulator with a 'T' connection so I makes sense for now to carb the same on both kegs)

What do you guys do?

Keg1: Hefeweistrophy Hefe Weisen

Primary: German Alt Beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #2
anthrobe

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just usually carb all to the same pressure. I have only one regulator and a 3way valve system. I do not want to install a regulator on every line. I usually do not carb for the beer style. I carb to my own taste

Secondary1 -
Secondary2 -
On Tap
Tap1 - Kelly's Rasberry Cream Ale 7/11/07
Tap2 - Black Stap Porter (8/25/07)
Tap3 - Hefeweizen 7/05/07
Waiting for tap\Conditioning
Keg1 -
Keg2 -
Keg3 -
Bottles
-
-

---------------------------------------------------

Old 11-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
gnef
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I generally carb all to the same level. I do have secondary regulators though, and in the future if i am very particular about serving to style, i may get more secondary regulators, and individually adjust each for each keg. right now i use one for the soda (higher psi). and now i also have beergas, so i have that separate, but i think i will also use it for serving still meads through the kegerator in the future.

Quick Reply