Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > keg this batch?!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
NateKerx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default keg this batch?!

I'm going to keg two batches tonight for the first time. I've got an ESB and an Irish stout ready to go. Two montgs ago, when the stout was new in primary, it got infected and things got pretty funky. I let it relax for awhile and everything seemed fine and it actually tasted pretty good. I noticed earlier this week that there are some light chalky looking rings around the neck of the secondary. the surface of the beer looks totally normal. Has the infection returned? should I keg this batch? I dont want to get off on the wrong foot by infecting the first two batches in my keggerator, but this stout seems like it might be ok. help!

Kegged:
On Deck:Centennial Blonde, Amarillo Cream Ale

"Drinking is the joy of the Russes, we cannot live without this pleasure."

-Vladimir I, Grand Prince of Kiev

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
malkore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

well, keg racking takes all of 5 minutes...its not like wasting an hour or more bottling 2 cases of longnecks.

I'd keg it second, to avoid potential cross contamination. and avoid disturbing the chalky stuff in the carboy neck.

Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply