Keezer parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Well I'm soon going to be moving into a bigger home, with a large rec room which means I'll finally have room for a keezer! I'm trying to figure out everything I need to buy. I already have my manifolds (a 2 port and a 4 port), I have my kegs, 20lb co2 tank, and dual body 3 gauge regulator. This is what's on my list so far:

(1) 10" Wall Mount Drip Tray
(3) Faucet Knob
(4) Gas Ball Lock Gas Disconnect - Barbed
(4) Liquid Ball Lock Disconnect - Barbed
(3) Perlick Forward Seal - 525ss
(3) Hex nuts
(3) Neoprene washers
(3) 3 chrome tail pieces (not sure size?)
(1) Ranco single stage temp. Controller
(3). Chrome shanks 3 1/8"

I'm not sure what size gas tubing I should be using, what's the norm? Also what size liquid tubing I should using, and what length for each tap. I read somewhere if I use 10ft on each tap will eliminate foaming issues given my temps are where they should be. Anyone help me out here? Other than clamps, and repair kits for any kegs that might not be sealing, is there anything else I'm forgetting?

You're forgetting shanks for the faucets. On Beverage Factory you can make a custom kit with the faucets, shanks, tailpieces, keg connections and hose for a decent price. I think typical beer line is 3/8. The length for you beer line will depend on your setup. Too long can result in foaming as well. Check the sticky links in the keeging forum for articles on setup balancing use one of the formulas or calculators to find out the length of hose you should use.

Thanks! I actually had the shanks on the list in front of, but missed them while typing to post. Thanks for the info on the beer line. My setup is pretty basic. ~10cu ft chest freezer, 6" collar, 3 taps.

you'd probably be ok with 6 feet, but 10 shouldn't hurt, and it's easier to subtract than add. I got a 14" drip tray for 3 faucets, you'd prob be good with 10" especially with plastic handles, but it was only 45 on northern brewer for the 14. oh were the shanks there before on the bottom? i'd go with stainless for them as well, they'll be contacting the beer and if the chrome wears the metal underneath could affect your beer. why do you need 4 liquid disconnects for three taps?

12v fans are nice for circulating inside the lid, I use two with a computer low/med/high switch and a cell charger brick. Damp rid or some other moisture absorber is also good. I recommend MFL Threaded disconnects and FFL fittings for your tubing, makes changing, cleaning, swapping, etc much easier. I think it's a good idea to have extra disconnects, gaskets for the kegs, FFL fittings, washers and keg lube because when you have a gas or liquid leak is a bad time to be looking for a spare in a store. I think butterfly nuts are also generally easier to work with than hex nuts for the shanks.. Keep in mind, ease of assembly/disassembly is important as you're going to be cleaning lines, taps, etc every so often... Threaded steer than barbed and tool-less design a time savers.

rawlus said:
12v fans are nice for circulating inside the lid, I use two with a computer low/med/high switch and a cell charger brick. Damp rid or some other moisture absorber is also good. I recommend MFL Threaded disconnects and FFL fittings for your tubing, makes changing, cleaning, swapping, etc much easier. I think it's a good idea to have extra disconnects, gaskets for the kegs, FFL fittings, washers and keg lube because when you have a gas or liquid leak is a bad time to be looking for a spare in a store. I think butterfly nuts are also generally easier to work with than hex nuts for the shanks.. Keep in mind, ease of assembly/disassembly is important as you're going to be cleaning lines, taps, etc every so often... Threaded steer than barbed and tool-less design a time savers.

Thanks for those tips rawlus! Much appreciated!

lee_smn said:
you'd probably be ok with 6 feet, but 10 shouldn't hurt, and it's easier to subtract than add. I got a 14" drip tray for 3 faucets, you'd prob be good with 10" especially with plastic handles, but it was only 45 on northern brewer for the 14. oh were the shanks there before on the bottom? i'd go with stainless for them as well, they'll be contacting the beer and if the chrome wears the metal underneath could affect your beer. why do you need 4 liquid disconnects for three taps?

Thanks for this, I thought 10ft would be good enough. I don't ever plan on switching tap handles. I'll look into the stainless shanks as well. I want 4 liquid disconnects with only 3 taps because I'll be force carbing sometimes and using a beer gun as well. 3 lines at serving pressure, a fourth line I can change to any pressure without affecting my serving beers.

makes sense, i dont't have a beer gun. i think it was the aha draught book that recommends not using the chrome plated stuff, i haven't had any experience personally. with the lines, there's no length that is perfect for every system, it depends on temp, pressure, how far the lines need to go, how high your taps are above the keg etc, most of the systems and pressures are so similar you can use a general length, but if you have foaming issues look into balancing it.

Thanks. I can't find 3/8 hose or tail pieces on brewmasters warehouse.com, they only have 3/16" and 1/4"

i was wrong then, 3/16" is what most people use. i believe you would only use 1/4" if you have a long run.

Back