Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > keezer or kegerator building in canada

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
Baja_Brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default keezer or kegerator building in canada

So ive recently made the cross into the ever so expensive but easier world of kegging and I have several brews sitting in kegs. Ive been considering a picnic tap and bucket of ice for parties, but Ive also been wanting to build a kegerator or keezer.

Im located in montreal and havent been able to locate any sayno 4192's or oster 5 cu ft fridges to make a tower...I did however find a Danby Chest Freezer, 3.6 cu.ft. at canadian tire. I havent gone to look at it yet but i think i could get a keg or two in here...and at about the same price for the unit as the previously mentioned fridges.

I was wondering if anyone in canada could give me some advice on building a small (2 or 3 keg) unit? something that would fit easily in a small apartment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
bandit77
Recipes 

I`m almost finish building my kegerator... I used a sylvania 4.6 cu.ft and it only fits two keg. Here is Brad setup http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/kege...106-2-a-38905/

If I were to do it again I would do a keezer big enought for 4 tap...I would have like to have more option on different beers... just my two cents.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #3
Rudeboy
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got the 4.6 CuFt Danby fridge from Canadian Tire. $129 on sale a few months ago. You need to shave down the notches on the side but then it fits two cornies and a Five Pounder of CO2 in the back.

I've been using picnic taps but I just got a two-tap tower from B3 and will be drilling into the top shortly.

Is there freon in the top? I'll let the forum know shortly if there isn't or if I have a $129 boat anchor.

Rudeboy

Movementarians: Would you rather have beer, or complete and utter contentment?
Homer: What kind of beer?
Kegged Ready: Dry Stout; Vienna Calling; Heffeweizen
Bottled Ready: English Barleywine; Russian Imperial Stout; Wee Heavy; London Porter; Belgium Golden Strong; Westy 12; Arrogant Bastard; Magpie Rye Ale; Leffe

Quick Reply